EAI performed the asbestos abatement of a 5 lane bridge (underside and structural components) over I-40 (10 lanes including breakdown lanes) in Kodak, Tennessee. Wet abrasive abatement was employed to mitigate the textured decking, sides and structural members prior to bridge rehabilitation.
Unique features for the project included:
- Intricate scaffolding/containment system
- Decking was phased across the width of the bridge
- EAI is the only general contractor to date that has been awarded and successfully completed this scope of work
- Mitigation services occurring while on-going traffic was above/below and to the side of our crews
- Incorporation of wet/abrasive techniques utilizing dust collectors
- Project completed on schedule as proposed/contracted with GC & TDOT