EAI had the opportunity and pleasure to team with Turner Construction Company in the redevelopment of the former Nelson Mazda/Hippodrome Oldsmobile Dealership at the highly-visible corner of 12th & Broadway. The project site is developing into an iconic multi-use facility including apartments, commercial office space & retail. EAI performed the hazardous materials mitigation and structural demolition of the former ~100,000 sq. ft., three-story concrete structure.
EAI’s Scope of Work
- Water barricade/privacy fence installation around the property (utilized for life of project – EAI Owned)
- Installation of security fencing and associated construction entry gates along the alley
- Hazardous Materials Mitigation for asbestos
- Freon Recovery
- Recycling of Bulbs/Ballasts
- Structural Demolition – including slabs/footers
- Removal of former Aboveground Storage Tanks and 9 hydraulic lift systems
- Extraction of hydraulic oil from the lifts
- Excavation and removal of identified Nashville Mix Impacted soils
- Saw cutting for building separation prior to Mass Gravity Wall & soil nail installation
- Repurposing of demolished non-hazardous materials in excess of 90% by weight.
The project was completed in 8 weeks – two weeks ahead of schedule – including the soil excavation/disposal as added services.