Future Four Seasons Hotel Development
Asbestos Services | Demolition Services
The Congress Group/AECOM selected EAI for the structural demolition of the former Market Street Apartments along the Cumberland River between 1stand 2ndAvenue South in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. The work was completed in preparation for the new development of the Five Star Four Seasons Hotel and Residential Tower – a 40-story structure.
The building demolished was a turn-of-the-century structure in select sections – dating back to the late 1890’s.
EAI’s Scope of Work included performing the hazardous materials abatement, utility disconnects, and structural demolition. The work was performed in a highly congested area of downtown Nashville and during record breaking events like the 2019 NFL Draft and the CMA Music Fest.
EAI Scope of Work
- 4 Building Sections totaling 90,000 square feet – Brick/Wood/Concrete
- Building Sections were 3-4 stories in height
- Hazardous materials abatement included roofing materials
- Hazardous mitigation of HVAC units/gases – rooftops
- Street Sidewalk closures of 2ndAvenue South & Demonbreun for perimeter demolition – anticipated 5 days – completed in 3 days – with streets re-opened
- Structural demolition of the 4 Building Sections incorporating the use of 2 Trackhoes – 110,000 lb. Komatsu 490 with Genesis Razor GDT 390 & Volvo 330 – 80,000 lb. machine.
- Excavation and removal of the associated slabs/footers for the referenced building structures – which included some previous footers of early vintage structures; and
- Diversion of materials from landfill for LEED-affiliated crediting – included competent brick, wood beams/columns, plumbing fixtures and concrete.