Burra Burra Mine State Historical Site
STREAM, a division of the State of Tennessee Department of General Services in conjunction with Ensafe, selected EAI for the initial asbestos and lead-based paint abatement of the Ducktown Basin Museum/Burra Burra Mine State Historic Site located in Ducktown, Tennessee. The Burra Burra Mine Site was opened in 1899 as the headquarters for the Tennessee Copper Company and operated until 1975.
The site is now owned by the Tennessee Historical Commission and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1983. 16 of the original structures remain on site.
EAI is currently working on the asbestos/lead-based paint abatement as part of a multiple phase historic restoration project of the original buildings. Many of the original buildings including the Bit House, Boiler House, Hoist House, The Museum (which was the original mine office), and Original Transmission Towers are part of the phase one renovations.